For other uses of 'Moving Targets,' see the disambiguation page.
Today’s hottest fantasy authors visit Mercedes Lackey’s bestselling world of Valdemar, adding their own special touches to the ancient land where Heralds “Chosen” from all walks of life by magical horse-like Companions patrol their ancient kingdom, dispensing justice, facing adversaries, and protecting their monarch from whatever threatens. Travel with Tanya Huff, Mickey Zucker Reichert, Fiona Patton, Judith Tarr, Rosemary Edghill, and others in these sixteen exciting, all-new stories. Also includes a new novella by Mercedes Lackey.
- "Moving Targets" by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon
- "An Unexpected Guest" by Nancy Asire
- "The Power of Three" by Brenda Cooper
- "What Fire Is" by Janet Lee Simner
- "Dreams of Mountain Clover" by Michey Zucker Reichert
- "The Cheat" by Richard Lee Byers
- "A Dream Deferred" by Kristin Schwengel
- "The Sworddancer" by Michael Z. Williamson
- "Broken Bones" by Stephanie Shaver
- "Live On" by Tanya Huff
- "Passage at Arms" by Rosemary Edghill
- "Heart, Home and Hearth" by Sarah A. Hoyt and Kate Paulk
- "Haven's Own" by Fiona Patton
- "Widdershins" by Judith Tarr