Author Elisabeth Waters has contributed multiple short stories to Valdemar anthologies, as well as co-writing a Tarma and Kethry story.
Works by Elisabeth Waters have appeared in the following volumes:
- Sword of Ice and Other Tales of Valdemar, Anthologies, Volume 1 (1997)
- Changing the World, Anthologies, Volume 5 (2009)
- Finding the Way and Other Tales of Valdemar, Anthologies, Volume 6 (2010)
- Under the Vale and Other Tales of Valdemar, Anthologies, Volume 7 (2011)
- No True Way, Anthologies, Volume 8 (2014)
- Crucible, Anthologies, Volume 9 (2015)
- Tempest, Anthologies, Volume 10 (2016)
"The School Up the Hill"Edit
Sword of Ice and Other Tales of Valdemar, Anthologies, Volume 1 (1997) - Master Quenten's mage school students are presumed to be making trouble at a nearby Inn, but upon closer investigation, a new mage is discovered.
Detailed descriptions of the stories in this miniseries, including spoilers, are provided at Animal Mindspeakers Miniseries.
This miniseries of stories begins with Maia, who has the Gift of Animal Mindspeech. She can communicate with all animals, not just Companions, and crows are her closest friends. She meets people who are comfortable with her gift, and in subsequent stories they adventure together or apart.
"A Dragon in Distress" - Tarma and KethryEdit
This Tarma and Kethry story, co-written with Mercedes Lackey, has not been included in any Valdemar publications. It is not quite a Valdemar story, as Tarma and Kethry travel to an alternate story universe created by Elisabeth Waters. It was published in 1995 in Sword and Sorceress XII, and is included in a 2012 e-book The Princess, the Dragon, and the Frog Prince.